Saturday, April 5, 2014

48.) Soil April 2, 2014



This piece is special to me.  It is an accomplishment for me to write something this simple.  It feels like it's something I've been working up to.  It is very simple in concept, but complex in bringing to fruition.  Not in the writing of it - that was pretty easy actually.  Once the concept was formed, it was just a matter of fleshing it out.   It is complex for me in courage and self-trust.  Those of you who've followed these projects of mine have read a great deal about me learning to trust my inner voice and take the influences of others, positive and negative, in stride.  This is embodied in Soil, and I am pleased.   


The piece uses one transposition of Messiaen's third mode, the rest is pretty self-explanatory.  Enjoy.    

No comments:

Post a Comment