Saturday, November 2, 2013

25.) Time Before Time October 31, 2013


Another "bebopish" line, this time over the chords to Time After Time by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne.   I intended to use a different mode for this one, but found again that mode three worked the best for this sort of thing.  In attempt to make the line oddly phrased, and just for the fun of it, I kept a trill-like idea throughout it.

A special treat this week is that you get to hear the piece with a trio.  I convinced bassist Adam Hopkins and drummer Martin Urbach to let me record them when they were over for a rehearsal yesterday.  It was a lot of fun for me to have some company for this recording.

If you're paying close attention, you've noticed that I posted two pieces this week.  This was done in order to make up for a missed week in August.  I finally had a piece ready early enough in the week that I thought I could complete another.  So I'm back on schedule now.  Should be pretty smooth sailing from here on out, as long as the holidays don't get in the way too badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment